The Moderate Washingtonian

Outlook on politics and elections in the state of Washington from an overall centrist viewpoint. My views tend to be libertarian in nature, but at the same time are largely nonpartisan.

29 March 2006

News is slow

I haven't really seen anything lately I felt compelled to comment on. I'm just getting out of a lull while I was waiting for my rental application in Federal Way to go through, but now that it has (rejoice) things will be moving quickly as I pack and prepare to trek cross-state. My Republican parents cannot believe I would want to live in LIEbrul King County, but in reality I'm trading in too liberal state legislators and too conservative county officials for three moderates in the legislature and Pete von Reichbauer in the county council (beats three right-wing county commissioners here). Plus, all the Pan-Asian food I can consume! Things will soon rock, indeed.

2 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, Blogger Donald Speirs said...

Good morning. Acytually, if you want a bit of excitement, there is a pair of debates raging in Snohomish County among the members of the 44th LD Democrats in their e-mail group.

First and foremost, the debate over possible racist overtones in Everett, as decried by the Latino community. It has evolved into a debate over illegal immigration and assimilation of cultures into American society. I can send you the e-mails to date if you like.

Second is over whether or not Maria Cantwell's office actually responds to e-mail and letters sent by concerned citizens over her policies and performance.

I'm tempted to start a blog and post the communiques there to open the discussion a bit.

DGS

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger TMW said...

"Yeah, but FW isn't liberal, or that liberal."

I know, it's probably more conservative than Spokane, at least in its city government (at least half of Spokane's city council are Democrats and FW has one).

"Second is over whether or not Maria Cantwell's office actually responds to e-mail and letters sent by concerned citizens over her policies and performance."

I sent her a letter about a year ago expressing concern over the tactics of the RIAA and MPAA and the letter I received was about three paragraphs of fluff and non-committals. Cantwell is OK, and I'm still undecided on whom to support, but I'm not that big of a fan of hers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home