The Moderate Washingtonian

Outlook on politics and elections in the state of Washington from an overall centrist viewpoint. My views tend to be libertarian in nature, but at the same time are largely nonpartisan.

10 August 2006

It's in the Times

I found two noteworthy articles in the Local section of today's Seattle Times. The first is a right good profile of Green Party US Senate candidate Aaron Dixon. The text contains blunt commentary on incumbent Sen. Maria Cantwell [D], including the juicy statement that he would not be unhappy if his candidacy drew enough votes to elect a Senator Mike McGavick. Given that I have no declared horse in this race, and in spite of that Dixon is the only of the four main projected general election candidates I can say with 100% certaintly I would not vote for in any scenario, I admit I'm glad he is in the race. His candidacy makes this race take on a new facet and is all the more enjoyable for politicos.

Elsewhere, Mercer Island apparently elected a crook. Two-term Councilman Sven Goldmanis was arrested yesterday on suspicion of theft and fraud, stemming from a false insurance claim on approximately $10,000 worth of missing watches (who the hell has that much money invested in watches in the first place?). Councilman Goldmanis is now being held in the King County jail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home