The Moderate Washingtonian

Outlook on politics and elections in the state of Washington from an overall centrist viewpoint. My views tend to be libertarian in nature, but at the same time are largely nonpartisan.

21 August 2006

Legislative prediction update

The links to the right have been updated, in spite of the PDC's tardiness in uploading C4 reports for July fundraising. I'm tired of waiting, and if I need to do another update before August numbers would normally be posted, then I will.

I heeded some reader suggestions for the spreadsheets, there is now a total at the bottom for seat distribution, a Notes box to explain rating changes, and predicted primary winners are now in bold type. I also hyperlinked campaign websites from the spreadsheet for those that I'm aware of, and if anybody knows of campaign sites that are not listed then I would appreciate a heads-up.

Considering that I am not privy to new fundraising, there were few changes on this update and the main point for uploading the new files was the format changes. I reassessed a few races and am now predicting Christine Rolfes [D] to win the 23rd district House seat occupied by Bev Woods, as well as currently listing Bret Olson [R] as favoured to take the seat being vacated by Rodney Tom back for the GOP. Brad Benson is still on the bubble, but without new C4 reports I left it as a GOP leaner. Enjoy, and as always, feedback is appreciated.

1 Comments:

At 9:31 PM, Blogger TMW said...

I was going out a limb a bit, though I would be much more certain of that had her municipal experience been in Bellevue instead of Kirkland, a relatively minor portion of the district.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home