The Moderate Washingtonian

Outlook on politics and elections in the state of Washington from an overall centrist viewpoint. My views tend to be libertarian in nature, but at the same time are largely nonpartisan.

02 December 2006

Oh yeah, and--

Senator Evan Bayh [D-IN] has formally launched an exploratory committee for a 2008 presidential campaign, and after former Gov. Mark Warner [D-VA] balked at the opportunity, Bayh will likely be the sole candidate for the fiscally-conservative, centrist wing in the Democratic primaries. Now, I make it a point to avoid all the national news trash that comes out every day, but since Senator Bayh has been my favourite senator for a few years now and on the off-chance he's still in the race when Washington's caucuses come around I fully intend to support him, I figured I should make a note of the announcement. Everyone can now return to their Obama lovefest.

3 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you plan on caucusing as a democrat?

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger TMW said...

"you plan on caucusing as a democrat?" - Peter

If Bayh is still around when they meet, then yes, I intend to attend the Democratic Caucuses. Sort of depends on who is still in the race, if Bayh drops out by that point yet a liberal Republican like Giuliani or Pataki is somehow still in the GOP race then I would very likely attend the GOP Caucuses.

"John Edwards is going to be at the UW Bookstore today at 1:30pm." - Will

I was not aware of that, too late for me to attend now, so I suppose I'll just have to stay home and watch the Liberals pick their new leader on CBC. :-)

I know Edwards is your choice, I assume you will be attending?

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger TMW said...

I'm amused that someone as dull as Senator Bayh has a Myspace page.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home