The Moderate Washingtonian

Outlook on politics and elections in the state of Washington from an overall centrist viewpoint. My views tend to be libertarian in nature, but at the same time are largely nonpartisan.

15 July 2006

O'Sullivan leads in cash race for old job

Kevin O'Sullivan, Republican candidate for Thurston County Commissioner, has raised twice as much as incumbent Democrat Bob MacLeod according to recent PDC files. This race, possibly the most potentially-entertaining local of the season, is a rematch of 2002's Democratic primary, when MacLeod narrowly defeated O'Sullivan, then the conservative Democrat incumbent. O'Sullivan has since switched to the GOP and stands a good shot at winning his old seat back, in my judgment.

While I admit I would like to see O'Sullivan make this comeback, MacLeod has the clear advantage in campaign sign quality. I dig his microphone logo, which is much more creative than the scattered shamrocks O'Sullivan has to show off his Irishocity.


1 Comments:

At 11:21 PM, Blogger TMW said...

Thanks for stopping by.

1. I have no clue. I am not at all acquainted with that subject in order to answer.
2. Yes, I believe in free market liberalism, up to and including importing medicines from Canada.
3. I favour environmental protection in general provided it does not unnecessarily hamper business. I'm not familiar with specifics of the Hood Canal situation in order to say I would or would not, but provided whatever strides are being taken to protect it from oil spills are fair to businesses, it sounds acceptable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home