The Moderate Washingtonian

Outlook on politics and elections in the state of Washington from an overall centrist viewpoint. My views tend to be libertarian in nature, but at the same time are largely nonpartisan.

12 September 2006

Profile: 9th House GOP primary

With the retirement of Rep. Don Cox [R] the safely-GOP 9th will have its second wide-open House primary in two cycles. I was able to vote in the crowded 2004 primary, where David Buri (my lesser evil pick) won with 29% in a five-way race. This time around there are four candidates, one of whom came in 3rd in the 2004 primary. Steve Hailey will have something of an advantage after his decent showing last time, but due to cash figures I think Joe Schmick is on more-solid footing. Tedd Nealey and Glen Stockwell are also running, but as far as I can tell are footnotes.

Prediction: Schmick Lean

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home