The Moderate Washingtonian

Outlook on politics and elections in the state of Washington from an overall centrist viewpoint. My views tend to be libertarian in nature, but at the same time are largely nonpartisan.

23 July 2006

Stu Elway wears rose-colored glasses

I've come to believe the reason for the existence of the Elway Poll is to keep Democrats from sweating the close races every year. Once again, the Elway Poll is the complete outlier amongst other pollsters by returning with a 47-33 Maria Cantwell lead, though it is notable that even his poll has tightened since April's.

I make no secret that I think the Elway Poll is consistently inaccurate and consistently favourable to Democrats. Its results are so predictable that I'm more interested in Strategic Vision's poll every month, at least theirs tend to be remotely close to the independent pollsters' trend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home